From what we have observed, there are five coaching skills that are immediately applicable to the repertoire of skills of the most successful advisors:
- Communicate skillfully to break down barriers, understand the positions and beliefs of others more fully.
- Partner with clients, team members, stakeholders and others in a profound way to advance organizational goals.
- Build consensus among team members to achieve vital goals and objectives.
- Ask challenging questions of clients, prospective clients, and others…that will bring important issues to the surface.
- Begin the process of becoming an International Coach Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (ACC).
In an effort to advance important skills used by the most successful financial advisors, ClientWise has developed an innovative coaching-training curriculum, developed specifically for financial advisors: The ClientWise Certified Financial Coach Training Program™.
As background, most successful financial services professionals possess the technical skills and qualifications necessary to help their clients and colleagues maneuver in a fast-changing market and professional environment. In a business that is built upon relationships, knowledge of communication skills is just as important, if not more so, than technical skills.
Building potent relationships is one of the most crucial, and at the same time, one of the most neglected skills in a financial professional’s arsenal. Among the most effective communicators, relationship managers, and listeners are professionally trained coaches. Taught how to be completely present with others, to listen actively, ask powerful questions, and partner with clients to solve problems, coaches possess a unique and vital skill set that has the potential to resonate deeply in the rapidly-evolving financial services environment.
Coaching skills greatly enhance the financial professional’s ability to build significant relationships. Acquiring such skills enables advisors to listen at a new level to their clients, prospects and colleagues, to ask incisive and challenging questions that will bring important issues to the surface, and empower others to become complete partners in creating their own success.
Interested? Want to learn more? Click below.