As part of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), ClientWise is paying special attention this week to the role that financial advisors play in this space…as entrepreneurs themselves, and as consultants and advisors to other entrepreneurs. We feel that the connection between entrepreneuralism and financial advisors is a close one, and embrace the opportunity to increase that bond.
GEW is the creation of the Kauffman Foundation, the world’s largest foundation devoted to entrepreneurship. Among other things, the Kauffman Foundation is a terrific source of information for entrepreneurs.
Today, we wanted to spotlight a great resource for entrepreneurs, and stakeholders in this space. It is called the Kauffman Sketchbook, which features a number of entertaining and informative "sketchbook" videos. With these videos, the Kauffman Foundation aims to demystify the phenomenon of entrepreneurship and bring to light messages about the important role entrepreneurs play in innovation, job creation and economic growth.
Here’s a summary of some of the more interesting and thought-provoking videos:
- Overview of Global Entrepreneurship Week, by Jonathan Ortmans (@jortmans), president of GEW and Kauffman Senior Fellow.
- Go Be an Entrepreneur. Health technology entrepreneur Geoffrey Clapp (@geoffclapp) offers practical and inspirational advice.
- StartupVille. Venture capitalist Brad Feld (@bfeld) advises how you can build and leverage the entrepreneurial ecosystem in your city.
- Take the Leap. Harvard Business School professor and author Noam Wasserman (@noamwass) frames the important questions that every entrepreneur should ask.
- Go Fast, Grow Fast. Alana Muller (@alanamuller) president of Kauffman FasTrac, demonstrates how entrepreneurs can use Kauffman FasTrac to start/grow their business.
- Make It Happen. More practical and entertaining insights from Tim O’Reilly (@timoreilly), founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media.
- Better Capitalism. Authors Robert Litan and Carl Schramm (@CarlSchramm) discuss their new book, and their ideas on how to renew the strength of capitalism in America.
- I’m a Blogger. Tyler Cowen (@tylercowen), professor of economics at George Mason University and a blogger at MarginalRevolution.com outlines his intellectual method for blogging.
- City of Entrepreneurs. Kansas City Mayors Joe Reardon (@JReardonKC) and Sylvester James (@MayorSlyJames), discuss how Kansas City has fostered a tradition of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship is a mindset that takes hold and informs the entrepreneur. By listening to the videos above, and connecting to the authors via Twitter, you’ll begin to immerse yourself in the psyche of the entrepreneur.
For the complimentary ClientWise Learning Tool on the 8 steps that financial advisors can take to build their own wealth management enterprise, please download below: